Monday, May 22, 2006

What do I do now? Jack's off until January

The show "24" on Fox just aired it season finale, officially bringing to a close our fifth day shared with Agent Jack Bauer. This was a very good season, although I'm still pissed that Tony died. I am amazed by the fact that for the last 4 months I was suffering through the weekends awaiting anxiously for Monday. And of course in the last 10 minutes a plot turn / cliffhanger took place to draw us into the next exciting season. Unfortunately Jack will be off the air until January when the next season starts, so I will now have to wait until then, fittingly enough when I turn 24, to find out what's going to happen next. It's all well and good to play up hype and keep interest and all, but television producers need to learn that an 8 month long cliffhanger is just not cool. Damn it. Mondays are officially going to suck again as my life will have less meaning for the next 8 months (and for those of you who do not think that 24 is the meaning of life, just anagram it and see what you come up with. I know. Freaky huh).

What makes this whole thing worse is that the season finale of House is tomorrow. With bowling done until September, my Tuesdays are officially shot. Not to mention my Fridays are wrecked until October when Battlestar Galatica starts up again. Jeez. The series finale of Alias was today as well, but that show started sucking when Jennifer Garner got pregnant. When your entire premise is "watch this hot girl kick ass" it sort of loses something when she's in the third trimester.

Why do all the good TV shows have to stop at the same time? Don't the television executives know that they need to have something we can watch to fill the void left by a non-existant social life?

I guess there's always video games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home